Saturday, November 1, 2008

A Window Between Worlds: Providing a Window of Hope


“Did you know that my dad hit me and it hurt? I don’t like my dad and I don’t want him to hurt me anymore. I learned in Windows that it was okay for me to tell you that.” Three-year-old RJ recently spoke these words to Karen Martz, one of our newest Children's Windows leaders at Angel Step Too. Karen describes that right after this conversation, which happened at naptime, RJ rolled over and slept well for the first time since he had arrived at the shelter.

This is an excerpt from a news article about A Window Between Worlds (AWBW), a non-profit organization dedicated to using art to help end domestic violence. At AWBW, creative expression is used extensively to help survivors of abuse to develop a renewed sense of hope and possibility.

Read the rest of the article at:
http://www.awbw.org/awbw/news_detail.php?id=19

Listen to Survivors Speak in this video:
http://www.awbw.org/awbw/video_popup.php?clip=survivors_hi

No comments:

Post a Comment