Friday, October 24, 2008

Hello!



My blogger nickname is abbie-at-play and i am a psychologist in the philippines. i work with children, adolescents, and adults also.

in my work, i use play and creative expression to help my clients enhance their self-awareness, healing and growth. i use play and creative expression for my own growth too.

in 2006, with some fellow psychologists, i had the great luck to learn sandplay therapy from two very generous sandplay therapists from australia-- Karen Daniel and Anna Russo. (You can read more about their work at http://www.emotional-transformation.com.au/index.html)

since then, sandplay therapy and creative journaling have been my main tools in my work.

It works great for adults!

"Abbie" is the name i gave to the little "girl" in the picture here, in the very first sandtray that i made in my new playroom at home. i identify with her a lot. she likes to play and she has a lot of precious stories to tell, just like all of us.
Let's walk this journey together :)

No comments:

Post a Comment